Friday, January 31, 2014

Super Bowl XLVIII


Hey y'all! The three or four of you who were reading my blog this time last year may recall that I attempted to use Astrology to predict the outcome of the Super Bowl. And as those three or four of you may recall, I was wrong. I made natal charts for The Ravens and 49ers, and tried to gauge which team had more beneficial aspects shining down on them that Super Bowl Sunday. I also tried to take into account any challenging influences that would be affecting either team that day. The slippery thing about that method is that most Astrological influences last more than a day. And BOTH teams had a lot of auspicious planetary placements going on around that time, that's why they both made it to the Super Bowl in the first place! So this year, we're doing things a little bit differently. This year I'm using the Tarot instead of Astrology .I love Tarot, I've been using cards since I was a preteen, there's a lot of Astrology in the Tarot,  it's where my interest in Astrology originated. Today, I am using a Minchiate Deck. This ninety-seven card deck differs from a traditional seventy-eight card Tarot deck in that it has cards for all the signs of the Western Zodiac, and a few other extras as well.
Celtic Cross Spread for The Denver Broncos


  Let's do this alphabetically and start with the Broncos. The Broncos present situation is represented by the Hope Card and also the Six of Cups. The Six of Cups is a happy, nostalgic ca
rd, so my guess is the Broncos are feeling excited and hopeful which isn't too surprising. The force in their favor is the Aries Card which I would guess represents archetypal star athlete Peyton Manning. Their Near Future Placement is The Eastern Emperor. This card, known as The Hierophant in some other decks, brings blessings for people of faith and honors the honorable. It's a Major Arcana card which means the energy is stronger. My guess is, the Broncos will be ahead at Half Time. After that we see the Eight of Coins, which Page of Swords, and Libra. Seen together, I think they will continue to play well, but there will be some  kind of upset or interesting twist. The Broncos have the Four of Coins as their Outcome Card which doesn't really suggest a win. It's a Minor Arcana Card and typically has to do with holding on too tight to something for fear of losing it. My prediction is, the Broncos will play admirably, but lose by a relatively narrow margin.
Peyton Manning


Celtic Cross Spread for the Seattle Seahawks

  On to the Seahawks! The Seahawks have all Major Arcana Cards representing their present situation. The Moon, The Magician, and Capricorn. This says to me that they are a very cohesive team, possibly even blessed with some sort of psychic bond that allows them to communicate wordlessly at times. With Watery Cancer in their Near Past placement, my guess is that their journey leading up to this day has been extra emotional. They have Gemini as a Force For or Against them. This is interesting because it is lying across the Magician Card in the present placement. Both Cards are strongly associated with the Planet Mercury. Mercury/Hermes in mythology is the playful, youthful, intelligent Trickster God. To me, this sounds a lot like Head Coach Pete Carroll. He may have gray hair, but his spirit seems really youthful and fun to me, as evidenced by the fact that there is a whole Youtube channel devoted to him playing pranks on his team. The Magician is a typically auspicious card. It means raw power and tells the reader that it is possible to manifest anything with enough focus.Gemini as a force for or against is an interesting placement because at it's highest Gemini helps us balance opposites, at it's lowest it can be a polarizing influence. The Near Future Card in the Seahawks spread is the Four of Swords .Not the best. This card means solitude and may represent a splintering of the teams resources, my guess is the Seahawks will be behind at Half Time.
Pete Carroll


   Their Future cards are Water, Eight of Swords, and Nine of Wands. This says to me that after a disappointing First Half, they will pull together and utilize their unconscious bond. The Eight of Swords is a challenging card and can imply a feeling of being stuck and unable to move forward. BUT the Nine of Wands is known as the Discipline Card, it is a lower vibration of the Magician Card, it tells us that with hard work anything is possible. Their Outcome Card is the Wheel of Fortune. This is a major Arcana Card that typically implies Success, that may or may not be deserved. It also reminds us that all Success is fleeting. A very appropriate card for a question about a sporting event, IMHO.

RECAP: So I didn't watch a single football game this season, and I'm not even entirely sure how the game is played, but according to the spreads I did, The Broncos will play well and most likely be ahead for the first three quarters. The Seahawks will have a  weak start and things will not look good for them at Half Time. They will pull ahead marginally in the Third Quarter but things will not really get interesting until the Fourth Quarter. My Prediction is the Seahawks will steal the game, quite likely at the last possible minute, maybe even in overtime. If the Seahawks do win it is my sincere hope that this will bring greater attention to Pete Carroll's focus on the mental health of his players and the mediation and visualization techniques he is said to encourage. Wouldn't that be cool? I hope you all have a fun, safe weekend! Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment